Wednesday 5 October 2011

Photojournalism Part 3 - Portraiture

 


 Portraiture has evolved from fine art photography and portraits exclusively for the rich and famous and the ones that can afford them, to portraits of normal everday people and people who arent usually portrayed as normal such as people with disorders and psychological problems.

Portraiture has been around for a very long time usually in the form of monochromaticism meaning they came in a black & white texture. The absence of colour has changed the way people interpret these images because it adds a kind of sad element to these photos. Monochromatic portraits were used alot because they're cheap and give a "classic look".

Diane arbus was a pioneering photographer in which she chose to photograph everyone instead of the typical rich and famous who are the only ones who can afford such a luxury. "I do feel I have some slight corner on something about the quality of things. I mean it's very subtle and a little embarrassing to me, but I really believe there are things which nobody would see unless I photographed them."

    No comments:

    Post a Comment